Free Battery Testing
Xantrex TRUEcharge2 - 12V 40A Smart Charger, Three Output
Xantrex TRUEcharge2 40Amp, 12V Smart Charger with three outputs. IP32 drip proof rating and the ability to exactly charge Wet, GEL, AGM or Calcium battery technology make the Xantrex TRUEcharge2 one of the best chargers on the market.
TRUECHARGE2 battery chargers feature low electrical interference and superior, efficient, power factor corrected multistage charging. TRUECHARGE2 battery chargers can be mounted virtually anywhere, given their unique drip-proof design. With certified ignition protection, even a marine engine room is a safe option for installation. Trouble-free installation is ensured with easy-to-access AC and DC wiring compartments and reverse-polarity battery protection. Designed for marine, mobile and commercial applications worldwide.
TRUECHARGE2 battery chargers are unmatched for reliability. Available in both 12 and 24-volt models, they are versatile enough to be used in a wide variety of conditions and locations. Auto-ranging AC input voltage capability (90 - 270 Vac) makes traveling abroad and handling poor-quality power a breeze. The easy-to-read display can be augmented with an optional remote panel.
Power Factor Correct (PFC)
Less shore power is required for charging batteries, freeing up more usable AC power for electrical devices and appliances and reducing the likelihood of tripping shore power breakers.
- 12 volt models available in 20, 40 and 60amp with other models to be released in the future.
- Microprocessor controlled, multistage charging algorithms.
- Settings for flooded, gel, AGM or lead calcium batteries.
- Auto ranging universal input voltage (90-265 Vac, 47-63 Hz) and is also compatible with a generator or other low-quality power sources
- Temperature compensated charging Power factor corrected for efficient charging
- Battery equalization feature
- Ability to recharge batteries from zero volts
- Ability to act as a power supply and recharge batteries with load attached (when using as a power supply, a battery is required in the system)
- Battery temperature sensor available (Part# 808-0232-01)
- Optional remote display includes a maximum charger output control (Part# 808-8040-00)
- Reverse battery polarity protection
- Drip proof design (IP-32)
- Over and under temperature protection
- DC over voltage protection
- Ignition protection
Three Stage Charging
Multistage charging ensures batteries receive optimum charging, but with minimal wear and tear, regulating the voltage and current delivered to the batteries in three automatic stages:
- Bulk: Replaces 70-80% of the battery's state-of-charge at the fastest possible rate.
- Absorption: Replenishes the remaining 20-30% of charge, bringing the battery to a full charge at a slow, safe rate.
- Float: Voltage is reduced and held constant in order to prevent damage and maintain batteries at a full charge.
TrueCharge 2 Remote Panel (Optional)
The optional TRUECHARGE 2 Remote Panel is designed for use with TRUECHARGE 2 Battery Chargers. This full-function remote allows you to monitor and control battery charger performance from a remote location, including features not accessible from the charger's onboard display. The TRUECHARGE 2 Remote Panel reads like a fuel gauge and displays critical information on charging of battery banks. It is very easy to install, read and operate, connecting with the battery charger through the included telephone cable.
This remote allows to parallel the TC2 40amp & 60amp versions. (Gen3 charger only!)
TrueCharge 2 Temperature Sensor (with 6m lead). Part Number: 808-0232-01
The optional Temperature Sensor can be installed on Truecharge2 to completely automate the charging process for your battery type.